This salsa chicken is awesome! This is one of the easiest crockpot dinners I make. I like that you can eat it a few different ways: atop some rice with a side of black beans, rolled in a taco shell with lettuce, cheese, and some guacamole, or dip some tortilla chips in for a healthier appetizer or snack. Can’t go wrong with this simple salsa chicken!
- 3-4 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 large diced tomatoes or 1 can of tomatoes works fantastic)
- 1.5 cups (roughly) of your favorite salsa (Peach salsa or tomato salsa works fantastic)
- 1 tsp chopped garlic clove or 2 drops Young living clove oil works phenomenal.
- 1 tbsp black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (Optional. If your salsa has some heat you don’t need this)
- Place chicken in crock pot and all remaining ingredients over the top
- Cook on low for at least 7 hours.
- After 7-8 hours, shred the chicken in the crock pot using 2 forks. It should pull apart easily.