Ever get that salt craving late at night? Yep, me, too…. often! No more diving into that salty bag of potato chips that I love so very much. Give these a try instead! These roasted chickpeas have been a life saver for me. I use them on my salads to replace croutons and also add a bit of a crunch – almost like bacon bits without the bacon. lol
We gave these a try with groups of students at our Fit Kids classes and they were a big hit! My kids love them!!
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas - rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Spread chickpeas onto baking sheet
- Combine olive oil and spices into bowl, whisk until blended evenly
- Pour mixture over chickpeas and roll around to coat them all
- Bake in oven for about 45 minutes.
- After 20 minutes take them out and with a wooden spoon mix all of the chickpeas around.