This is the perfect side dish and so simple! I have to be honest, until these past 2 months I’d never even tasted butternut squash. I kept seeing people post pictures and recipes of butternut squash soup so I became interested in giving it a try. I did make one butternut squash soup with shredded chicken but it was really bland. Hoping to spice that recipe up and post it this coming week. In the meantime, enjoy this delicious and simple side dish! I am a HUGE fan of butternut squash after tasting these buggers!
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes (8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt or cracked Himalayan Salt
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Ground Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss squash cubes with oil, salt, turmeric and garlic powder in a large bowl to coat.
- Spread in single layer on baking sheet.
- Roast about 32-36 minutes until squash is tender, rotating occasionally until there are some brown spots.