I’m always looking for quick snacks to take along in my car as I frantically rush out the door. (Yes, I am perpetually late despite my best effort to be on time- ex: scouts is only 5 minutes away from my house, and I am always the last one to walk in, lol)
Protein balls and power bars are always a great option – but only after doing some research. Many protein bars are loaded with sugar and have minimal protein in them to make it worth it.
These peanut butter protein bars are a takeoff of a recipe I found in Gimme Some Oven some time ago. I’ve added in the Shakeo and reduced the Peanut Butter as I added in some PB2.
- 6 tablespoons PB2 (high protein powdered peanut butter - you can find it at GNC and Walmart
- ½ cup Natural Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Chocolate Shakeology
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup dry quick oats
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup ground flax seed (optional)
- Combine PB2 with water until it is pasty.
- Combine with all other ingredients.
- Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- Roll into 20-25 small balls.
- Place in freezer until firm.
- If too wet add extra oats. If too dry add more peanut butter.
- To lower the calories and fat content increase the PB2 and decrease the Natural Peanut Butter.